Tapioca reminds me of my moms religious fasting days when they would fast for the whole day and then eat tapioca mixed with milk and banana. Yum yum I would wait the whole day just to get portion of that to eat. This lead me to come up with mango tapioca pudding a tribute to all those religious fasting days that I so terribly miss now.
- 1 cup big pearl tapioca
- 2 cup milk (I use fat free milk)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- Mango pulp
- Soak big pearl tapioca in water for 4 - 5 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Mix milk, heavy cream and sugar and bring to boil. Add tapioca and boil for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Beat eggs on the side. When the milk and tapioca comes to boil take some milk out of it and add in the beaten egg and mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture back in the boiling tapioca and milk. Add vanilla essence and combine well and stir in medium heat for 5 minutes.
- To assemble the pudding I use small desert bowls if serving at a party.
- First put some mango pulp around the wall of the bowl to coat it lightly.
- Pour desired amount of pudding and chill in the refrigerator until it's time to be served.
- Just before serving take out the bowls.
- Drizzle some more mango pulp and decorate with chopper strawberries / mango / blueberries or any other fruit of desire.