Monday, February 28, 2011

Very Berry Cobbler

I made this cobbler for my teams holiday party. I was quite skeptical while making it as I wasn't sure if people would like it or not but it was infact quite well accepted and enjoyed by both my team and my aunt, uncle and nephew who were visiting us. The reason for my skepticism was because someone told me that cobblers are eaten mostly in summer and here I was making it for winter holiday party. But make it the right way and pair it with ice cream I think any desert can do wonders in any season.

So here is the recipe for this very berry cobbler. Needless to say I love berries for not only their tangy taste but for their anti oxidant nutritional values as well. I also like them especially because I do not have a sweet tooth and thus I find any berry desert to be much milder to deal with.

This recipe would serve 6 people so adjust accordingly. 

 

Ingredients

  • 3 cups fresh mixed berries (frozen or fresh)
  • 3 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1/3 cup orange juice
  • 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. In an 8 inch square baking dish, mix blueberries, 3 tablespoons sugar, and orange juice and 1 tablespoon of flour. Set aside. In a small bowl, thoroughly mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
  3. In a medium bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Gradually add flour mixture, stirring just until ingredients are combined. If the batter is too dry then add few drops of milk to mix it well. The batter should not be runny or too dry.
  4. Drop batter by rounded tablespoons over blueberry mixture. Try to cover as much of filling as possible.
  5. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment